Friday, December 3, 2010

Warehouse sale


I am seriously in love with the word "SALES". I doubt nobody will be different from me.
Well, year end sales are HERE again!

However, I realize that shopping centres, outlets and shops always hold various types of sales nowadays. We have new year sale, chinese new year sale, hari raya sale, deepavali sale, year end sale. Too many sales. These sales are not the kind of CRAZY sales I am after. They already lose their real meaning. It is just a tactic used by businessmen to attract consumers.

We always see signboard stating "70%","50%" discount in shopping malls. However, when you step in, you will be disappointed most of the time. Normally items on crazy sales are those out-dated ones *sigh*.

As you know, a poor person like me cannot afford luxurious items. That's why I like to do online shopping as I can always get real bargains through internet. The word "sales" seems to lose its attraction to me as I can hardly find REAL sales nowadays.

But I got one recently! I went to a branded perfume and cosmetic warehouse sale in Singapore.
The journey was tiresome and full of obstacles haha.
I definitely did my homework before I went there as I didn't know the location of that sale.
I went to search street directory and jotted down what MRT and bus to take in order to reach there.

Things didn't go along as what I planned nevertheless. We got lost in the end(I went with my mum). According to street directory, we should alight at Redhill station and took bus 145.

Internet can really be naughty(quoted from an aunty I met that day).

It misled us!

I was looking for Jalan Kilang and I couldn't locate it when I was in the bus. I turned out to be in Queensway MRT station.
Well, luckily the MRT workers were very helpful. They told me I should get to Commonwealth MRT station and took bus 147. Bus 145 never ever passed by Jalan Kilang.

So, did you think that our journey went smoothly afterwards??
NO!!!!
It turned out to be a treasure hunt.


At commonwealth MRT station, I went to ask the MRT worker and he told us we should get bus 147 and alight 2 stops after we saw Queensway shopping mall.
You see how marvelous Singaporeans are???
They can even tell you how many stops you will pass by before you alight.

However, I could not locate "Queensway shopping mall" in the bus list(FYI, in singapore bus stations, there is a board listing what place each bus will stop at).

I was like "GOSH, it is still raining and I cannot get to my destination!"

Just give it a try after all.

It was ridiculous and funny that the bus driver did not know where Jalan Kilang was.
Well, the MRT worker was really awesome. He was right! Two stops after spotting Queensway shopping mall is where we saw the signboard "Jalan Kilang".

My effort was not in vain~~
I came to the correct place!!
The venue was not big but the items there were real bargains!
After "loitering" for about 1 and a half hour there, we got ourselves some perfumes and make-up.
I love the "Viva la Juicy" by Juicy Couture and "My Givenchy Dream".
Paris Hilton parfum is also the kind of fruity scent that I love so much!
I want to get more fruity perfumes but it was sad that I had no much money and I am not a perfume maniac yet.
The 3 items from right are my mum's one.

I didn't purchase any cosmetics even though I was so tempted to purchase them.
As a poor student, I do not possess any branded cosmetic but this warehouse sale definitely allowed me to get myself some!
Givenchy and Paul & Joe cosmetics were going at price less than $30! In other term terms, less than RM70!!!

Haha, but I could now proudly declare that I am resistant to cosmetics on sale. I learn to control myself!!! I have too many at home and I believe that there are still abundant chances for me to go to such warehouse sales. Right??

I am officially declared bankrupt right now.
Impulse purchase even though it was real bargain ^-^ ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment